Best Fuji Lens For Travel
If you think you have already made the right purchase of Fuji lens for travel purposes, stop right here to still double-check your decision by going through this article. You will still be amazed to know about the updated and exciting lens that has recently emerged. Considering the increase in the number of travel vloggers and travelers using the Fuji lens now a day. Here will mention the entire recent and best Fuji lens available for travelers. All described and classified are its reasonable prices or other advantages and requirements of the users.
These entire lenses are tested with their abilities, and all the information provided is totally authentic. Here I have done the research very deeply to make it even easier for you to select your best Fuji lens for travel.
Moreover, I have also provided hyperlinks for all the products that are best for travel. Links are provided from the authentic sites where you can buy these products right away.
Now videography and travel vlogging have become even the best in quality and usage due to the Fuji lens. I’m sure you have already had enough of surfing through the internet sites to get the best and authentic information regarding the best Fuji lens for travel purposes.
You are still looking for the best lens for shooting and capturing all your wonderful sightseeing into your brain and the camera as a source of memories. And now you have finally reached your best possible destination for this inquiry purposes. So what are you waiting for? Just give a thorough read to the article and get help through our best research efforts only for you.
Now, heading over to our next important part of the article to give you a piece of complete knowledge about the best Fuji lens for travel before you make your decision.
7 Best Fuji Lens For Travel
Fujinon XF Series
- Fujinon X series are very trusted by a comprehensive range of genres, including the sectors of television, binocular, satellite, mobile phone lenses.
- They have unique capabilities and function in the best-required output.
- These lenses are especially spherical lenses made up of plastic fabrication through proper grinding.
- It has a wide range of customers and is used by world-leading optical technologies and producers, so it is indeed the best travel lens for Fuji xt3.
There is a wide range of XF series of lens available few of them are here, along with their basic details:
1. Fujinon XF 14mm F2.8R
- Lens construction: 10 elements in seven groups, including 2 aspherical and 3 extra-low dispersion elements
- Focal length: 35 mm format equivalent. F = 14 mm (21 mm)
- The angle of view: It is 89 degrees
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Aperture control: It has seven rounded diaphragm opening of blades. It has a stop size of 1/3EV (19 stops)
- Focus range: Approx 18 cm-infinity
- Maximum magnification: 0.12X
- Eternal dimensions: 65mm x 58.4mm
- Filter size: 58mm
Q. What is the dynamic rate of various landscape and portrait captures of this series of cameras?
We have observed in our camera test and capture both landscape and portrait and know that it has a 100% dynamic range with adjustable (landscape and portrait) image size.
Q. What are the possible or available film simulations supported by this series?
PROVIA, Velvia, monochrome are a few most effective and widely used film simulations by the users of this camera. And my team has tried these simulations also.
Q. What are the widely used shooting modes of this camera?
Most Fujinon XF 14mm F2.8R users prefer using it in manual and aperture priority auto mode.
Fujinon XF 14mm F2.8R Designed to capture images rich in perspective, this ultra-wide-angle lens with its extreme angle of view is the ideal choice. With minimized distortion and high resolution from the center to the periphery of the image frame, This magical Fuji lens is the best choice for you if you want to be a travel vlogger, no matters its architecture, landscape, or other urban shootings. Having the best 100% dynamic ranging, this can shoot high-quality vlogs. Any vlogger would prefer it!
2. Fujinon Lens XF 16mmF 2.8 R WR Exclusive
- Lens configuration: It has 10 elements, 8 groups including 2 aspherical elements
- Focal length: It has a focal length of 35 mm format equivalent, that is f=16mm (24mm)
- The angle of view: It has an angle of 83.2 degrees
- Maximum aperture: It has a maximum aperture of F2.8
- Minimum aperture: It has a minimum aperture of F22
- Aperture control: It has 9 blades with a rounded diaphragm opening and a step size of 1/3 EV(19 steps)
- Focus range: It has a focus range of 17 cm to infinity
- Maximum magnification: It has a maximum magnification of 0.13x
- Eternal dimensions: It has an approximate distance of 60.0mmx45.4mm
- Weight: It weighs 155 grams, excluding the caps and hoods.
Q. What type of motor is used in the AF system?
We have observed that the inner focusing AF system uses a stepping motor to move focusing elements into place through precise electrical pulses to achieve fast and near-silent autofocus performance. It helps in the precision positioning only.
Q. What kind of film simulations does it suit?
It is widely used for classic chrome and valve simulation.
Q. How does the positioning of its spherical elements affect the result?
This lens also includes two aspherical elements, which suppress the image’s degrading effects of chromatic aberration and field curvature imperfection. These spherical elements are placed in a properly organized and optimum manner. They are properly fixed, which helps to generate the perfect flat image.
This is the best Fuji lens for travel, being very cost-effective since it is the easiest to handle during all sorts of travel. The FUJINON XF16mmF2. 8 R WR is designed to deliver optimal resolution performance from Fujifilm’s unique X-TRANS CMOS sensors through its precise optical design. Moreover, if you plan to vlog on a larger scale, it can be the best lens for you because it can work best in the coldest and hottest of environments and climates.
3. Fujinon Lens XF 56mm F1.2 R APD
- Lens configuration: It consists of 11 elements in the form of 8 groups that include a spherical lens and two extra-low dispersion lenses with an apodization filter.
- Focal length: f-56mm (85mm)
- The angle of view: 28.5 degrees.
- Maximum aperture: Maximum aperture of F1.2.
- Minimum aperture: Least possible aperture of F16.
- Aperture control: 7 blades with a round diaphragm opening. It has a 1/3 EV(23 steps) of step size. ½ only from the maximum aperture to the next step.
- Focus range: It has two possible focus ranges. The normal or usual focus range is 0.7m to infinity, and the macro focus range is between 0.7m to 3m.
- Maximum magnification: 0.9x.
- External dimensions: Diameter*length = 73.2 mm x 69.7 mm.
- Weight: 405 grams, approximately excluding all its additional caps and hoods.
- Filter size: 62mm.
Q. What is actually a 2 R APD lens?
When I studied and understood that the 2 R APD lens is the first to use high-precision contrast AF in combination with an apodization filter, a feature that was only available with manual focus lenses in the past unique, unlike many of the other Fuji lenses.
Q. What nature of environment does the lens capture the best?
We perform a lens test on this specific lens and realize that this specific lens effectively shoots across streets, flatten images, shoots nature and even urban landscapes.
Q. Is it more likely for a street photographer than a nature traveler?
My friend is a photographer, he told me that it is an amazing lens used for both purposes, but it will be more amazing to play out with it as a street photographer as it allows taking portrait shots and even then getting the close street shots at the same focal length.
Q. What version of the lens is available for this series?
This lens’s APD version is the best kind of this X prime lens series as the APD version has got a versatile character and style. Even the normal camera jpegs look like you have applied the LR magic effect.
After studying Fujinon Lens XF 56mm, F1.2 R APD is a large-diameter medium-telephoto prime lens. The fast F1.2 lens produces creamy bokeh, while it’s 56mm focal length, equivalent to 85mm in 35mm film format, offers a comfortable shooting distance from the subject. This lens can be totally made for travel vlogging since it can shoot perfectly in all kinds of travel genres like streets, flatten images, shooting nature, and even urban landscapes. However, it has some minor drawbacks like distortion during sharp image photography; this can still be negotiated due to its consumer-friendly price.
4. Fujinon Lens XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS 2
- Lens configuration: 13 elements of the lens in ten groups including aspherical and one extra-low dispersion element.
- Focal length: f=50-230mm (76-350mm)
- The angle of view: 31.7 degrees to 7.1
- Maximum aperture: F4.5 to 6.7.
- Minimum aperture: F22.
- Aperture control: 7 rounded diaphragm opening blades with a step size motor of 1/3EV approx 15 steps.
- Focus range: The normal focus range is 1.1m to infinity and the macro focus range is 1.1m to 3m.
- Maximum magnification: 0.2 xs in telephoto mode.
- External dimension: 69.5mm x 111mm wide or we can say 177 mm in the telephoto version
- Filter size: 58mm.
Q. How many ED lens elements does it contain?
It has an additional ED lens element along with one aspherical lens. We studied that a powerful 50-230mm lens will let you capture your subject at a distance with clarity. The all-glass 10 group / 13 element lens configuration includes 1 aspherical lens and 1 ED lens.
Q. How many stops does its optical image stabilization function have?
When we thoroughly studied this camera and realized that its optical image stabilization function that is basically used to reduce the camera shake in pictures and videos even when they are shot handheld, contains approx 3.5 stops.
Q. What has this camera changed to make it look compact and lightweight?
When I buy this lens for my camera and observe this lens, and found that this lens looks compact and most lightweight, just not because it does not feature an aperture ring for this purpose; in fact, it is designed in this manner.
Q. Does this lens contain the facility of commanding through the camera command dial?
Yes, This lens contains the facility of commanding through the camera command line. When I use this specific lens, I update and upgrade the body of my camera’s firmware to allow its aperture adjustment by linking it and connecting it to the camera’s command dial.
Q. What is the rate of the ISO sensitivity of this lens?
Professional photographers usually opt for the sensitivity ISO 400 and ISO 200 and 800 for this specific purpose that is why is said to be the best travel lens for Fuji xt20.
Q. What is the maximum dynamic range of this specific lens?
We learned that the dynamic range of this lens is not only hundred but ranges up to 200% thus considered as the best Fuji lens for travel photography.
The FUJINON XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS lens finishes, the wide zoom range of the FUJINON XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS, starts at 76mm and goes to 350mm with consistently outstanding optical performance all the way through this lens is best if you do not have much nature travel vlogging since frequent zooming in landscape nature photography causes blurry images. Other features totally support all other sorts of vlogging, including its remarkable dynamic range of up to 200% and other distinctive features like image stabilizers, etc., make it the most attractive one for vloggers.
5. Fujinon Lens MKX 18-55mm T2.9
- Lens configuration: 22 elements in 17 groups including 2 extra-low dispersion elements and 6 super extra-low dispersion elements.
- Focal length: f= 18-55mm that makes almost 27 to 84mm.
- The angle of view: 76.5 degrees to 29.0 degrees.
- T-no: T2.9
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Aperture control: 9 rounded diaphragm opening blades
- Focus range: 0.85 m or 2ft, 9 inches till the infinity, along with a wide macro function of 0.38 m that makes one foot and 2.9 inches at the wide-angle.
- External dimension: 87mm x 206.6mm.
- Weight: 1080 grams, excluding the caps, hoods, support foot, and tripod collar foot.
- Front diameter: 85mm.
- Filter size: 82mm.
- Additional accessories: The tripod collar foot, the support foot, the zoom lever, the lens cap FLCP-82, lens rear cap RLCP-001, the lens hood, and the wrapping cloth
Q. What is actually the T stop value which is present in this specific lens?
T stop value is basically a special numerical index that tells or informs about the brightness of a lens depending upon its F stop value and command transmission rate. The lesser is the value, the more amount of light lens it transfers.
Q. What is actually the gear pitch?
Gear pitch is basically the distance between the gear teeth present in this manual form of camera. It has manual focus rings that can zoom and iris aperture with a gear pitch of 0.8M.
Q. Does the camera support the electrical contact?
This camera not only corrects and smoothens the distortion and the color, brightness, shading but also achieves various unique color expressions but also unique film simulation modes through the electrical contact to communicate with the X series cameras.
Q. What is actually the flange focal distance adjustment function of this lens?
It is basically the distance from the lens mounting reference plane to its specific sensor. Each camera’s flange focal distance allows the lenses’ position, image forming plane to be adjusted according to each camera. This specific lens turns out the lenses to work in their full and most perfect optical performance to achieve the best and optimum camera and lens.
My X Mount FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 and MKX50-135mmT2.9 experience show these lenses deliver high optical performance and comfortable operability for professional video shooting. Fresh users can best prefer this lens due to its ease and manual functioning. Any user can easily handle it, even if one is non-professional. So this lens can be considered as a good initiative. Combined with X Series’ unique color reproduction technology, MKX lenses further enhance the range for professional video shooting.
6. Fujinon Lens XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR macro (prime lens for travel)
- Minimum aperture: F22.
- Aperture control: 9 round diaphragm opening blades with the step size of motor 1/3 EV that makes approximately 19 steps.
- Focus range: 25cm to infinity
- Maximum magnification: 1x
- External dimensions: It is 80mm x 130mm
- Weight: 750 gram, excluding its additional caps and hoods.
- Filter size: 62mm
- Additional accessories: The lens cap FLCP -62(2), the lens rear cap RLCP-002, the lens hood, the lens pouch, and the wrapping cloth.
Q. Does this specific lens support handheld shooting?
When I personally use this lens, and found that this specific lens supports handheld shooting. This wonderful lens contains a special system of optical image stabilization that totally eliminates the shift shake thus this lens perfectly supports handheld shooting.
Q. Why does this lens contain a fluorine coating over it?
My friend buys this lens and describes that this lens consists of a wonderful ability to survive in all natures of the environment and is made for outdoor shooting conditions; therefore, a fluorine coating prevents the lens from all sorts of pollution. This improves the reliability and durability of the product.
Q. What is the OIS suppressing shift shake that this lens owns?
We experience this unique lens consists of gyro sensors and acceleration sensors with perfect accuracy, preventing distortion due to the angle shake and shift. Due to this, the lens achieves five-stop image stabilization perfectly.
The undergoing experience with FUJINON XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro Lens makes us describe it as a mid-telephoto macro lens that delivers the very best results from Fujifilm’s unique X-TRANS CMOS sensor. This is an excellent professional Fuji lens with nearly all the required and unique features one would need for the best kind of travel vlogging. Combine this lens with Fujifilm’s unique Film Simulation modes for truly stunning close-up images.
7. Fujinon Lens XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR ( tele converter)
- Lens configuration: 19 elements in the form of 14 combinations that contains two ED elements and another important super ED element.
- Focal length: f= 200mm (305mm)
- Angle of view: 8.1 degrees
- Maximum aperture: It has a maximum aperture of F2.
- Minimum aperture: Its minimum aperture ranges to F22.
- Aperture control: It contains 9 rounded diaphragm opening blades with a usual step size of 1/3 EV that makes 22 steps at once.
- Focus range: It allows a focus of 1.8m to infinity.
- Maximum magnification: Contains a maximum image magnification at the rate of 0.12 xs.
- External dimensions: The measurement of its lens to the other section is 122mm x 205.5mm.
- Weight: It weighs approximately 2265 grams, including the tripod’s collar foot, while not measuring the additional caps and hoods.
- Filter size: It has a specific filter size of 105mm.
- Additional accessories: It is delivered along with the additional accessories like the lens cap FLCP-105, the lens rear cap RLCP-001, the lens hood, the shoulder strap as well as the lens case.
Q. What buttons and operations are present on the tip of the lens barrel?
It consists of four button operations that are the button to control focus, a switch for focus range selection, a switch for selecting a focus, and the button for setting.
Q. What are the camera firmware requirements for the use of this lens?
For the lens to function in the most updated and perfect manner, the camera body’s firmware must be activated to the focus preset function and focus control button.
Q. What screws does the Acra-swiss tripod mount support?
The tripod mount of the lens features an Arca-Swiss compatible dovetail groove and supports both 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch tripod screws.
Q. What are the film simulations that suit this lens?
Fujinon Lens XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR ( teleconverter) suits film simulations like PROVEA, ASTIA, and VELVIA more.
We observe that XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Telephoto Lens is made of 19 elements in 14 groups, including one large-diameter super ED lens element and two large-diameter ED lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration. This is an extremely exceptional lens for the best and high professional quality vlogging since nearly everything is perfect and has difficult maintenance. You need to have enough information about it before you can really make it functional 100%. In case you already know about its maintenance and software updates, go for it!
Best Fuji Lens for Travel Based on User Review
Now we can describe that, It is a fact that nowadays, the market is filled with countless and unique lenses for travel purposes. Be it the Fuji lenses or any other company, and every camera user needs the perfect lens for its camera for photography. It is mostly used by travelers and people who need it as a profession. A traveler visits several rular or urban areas and wishes to capture in his memory as well as his camera.
Many people are travelers and photographers who capture every perfect movement of their life in the camera’s memory. So if you’re one of these or are wishing to be one of these people, here is a perfect and authentic list of the best-known Fuji lens for travel purposes.
This detailed article about the best Fuji lens for travel gives the most updated account of these lenses with their best versions, so it’s the best time to get your first or new best Fuji lens for travel for your camera.
Fuji Equipments Required Along With Lens
Whether you want to shoot panoramic or wide-angle lenses or want to get close-up action shots using a perfect zoom lens, one thing is for sure! You will need lenses with the best, and amazing stellar image quality with so many amazing and reasonable best Fuji lenses for travel are on offer. It is definitely hard to decide which one is to consider to satisfy our photography wanderlust.
Best Backpack for Air Travel Plus Fuji Camera and Lens
But along with this Fuji lens, many more pieces of equipment are required, such as the best backpack for air travel plus a Fuji camera and lens. Whether you take pictures in usual condition or especially while traveling, it is obvious that your much loved and expensive collections of cameras, drones, lenses, and other related types of equipment are to be very well protected and safe while traveling. There are specially designed backpacks, camera bags, slings, and other equipment holders that keep all these items safe from damage while traveling.
Some of the things that you need to consider while choosing a backpack for your equipment are:
- Ease of use
- Ease of access
There are different camera bag styles available that suit nearly every possible travel style. Here are some popular ones:
This is something that whenever you buy a camera, you get free with it. It gives basic protection but cannot be relied on. You obviously need to upgrade to a more secure version of it.
If it’s difficult for you to carry or use a special and proper camera backpack, a padded insert will keep your gear safe.
These are specially designed to keep these specific accessories safe while traveling. It is most of the time very easy to find one that exactly fits your model. And they are portable enough to fit inside your suitcase or travel bag.
These may not look the best and coolest in appearance to carry around your fundamental equipment types but are considered the most practical. It is a kind of padded pouch tied along your waist to keep it safe and protected all the time.
They are also called messenger bags. These are probably the most popular types of bags available for such equipment. They are spacious enough to carry everything you need for a long time shooting. They have several compartments that can house your camera, charger, drone, lenses, SD cards, light meters, and other accessories.
If you need to take items like laptop backpack is a great way, not your DSLR and a variety of lenses and accessories but also other things with separate additional places to place your camera. A backpack is indeed the coolest and definitely practical for this purpose.
Best Travel Lens for Fuji Mirrorless Cameras
It doesn’t matter much if you have bought an inexpensive Fuji X-A5 camera with a kit and lens or the most expensive like the X-T3. Sooner or later you will want some new glass. Whether you are shooting for portraits or are wishing for the best versatile travel zoom, Fuji has covered everything.
It is important to know that these lenses are designed for X-series cameras only since Fuji GFX medium format bodies use a different mount.
Best Fuji Zoom Lens for Travel
Fuji lenses have got a wide range of standard and telephoto lenses. Fuji however has some best variety of mirrorless and zoom lens cameras in the market having the best reputation among photographers.
Best Fuji Lens for Family Travel
Most people buy a zoom lens with loads of reach, a few prime lenses, or even a combo of both things. It solely depends on how you would like to travel or through what means.
Giving an example of a prime lens, fujinon XF35mmF1.4R. It has a viewing angle like a human eye which is wide-angle in the lens; it makes it best for family travel and other architectural photography. It has an adjusting focal length with a quicker aperture rate which is the best for family travel. This shows that it is the best for photography in the dark, indoors, or outdoors. These are the things to be considered while looking for the best Fuji lens for family travel.