Last updated on October 6th, 2020 at 04:43 am
Best Sony Camera for Vlogging
If you are on the lookout for the best Sony vlogging camera, then you have come to the right place. This article includes all kinds of Sony camera for vlogging. Skim through it before you step in the market and make a purchase.
Are you inspired by those famous vloggers who practically do nothing but casually film their lives and earn unlimited fame?
Do you also want to come in front of the screen and have people know your name?
Well, we understand your desire and so, for your ease, we have jotted down a list of best Sony vlogging camera for you!
Sony has long been the star of the photography family. With its wide range of exclusive cameras, it has managed to put itself on the map and made it to the top.
The article is inclusive of the best Sony vlogging camera under 500, best small Sony camera for vlogging, best Sony mirrorless camera for vlogging, best Sony vlogging camera with flip screen and whatnot.
You will find every kind of Sony camera right here in this article that will definitely suit your need!
Best Sony Camera For Vlogging Info-Graphic
The article will also provide numerous links to familiarize you with its features, results and anatomy. It includes full-fledged reviews by the consumers for you to be sure of the camera quality before you make your investment.
We have also listed the cons of the camera along with its bright side so you are completely aware of the product before you buy anything.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to the article and get acquainted with the Sony best vlogging camera.
List of Best Sony Camera for Vlogging
1. Sony DSCHX80
- It comes with 18MP and a 1/2.3 inches of BSI CMOS Sensor.
- 80 to 3200 ISO sensitivity which also expands to 12800.
- 24 to 720mm with aperture of 3.5 to 6.4 Zooming lens.
- Optic Image Stabilization in 5-Axis.
- 3-inch screen with tilting articulation.
- It has an Electronic Viewfinder.
- Allows continuous shooting of up to 10 fps.
- Provides 2K resolution up to 1080p.
- Comprises of an In-built wireless connection.
- Sony DSCHX80 weighs up to 245g.
This one has the best camera settings for vlogging Sony. It has 18 Mega Pixel lens with a BSI CMOS Sensor which further enhances its results. It has proved to be the best Sony vlogging camera in the field of photography and is totally worth buying.
Find a detailed description below about its features, pros and cons to get full knowledge about the product.
Q. Is this a full frame camera?
No, unfortunately Sony Cybershot DSCHX80 is not a full frame camera and has a 1/2.3 inch sensor.
Q. Is there an In-Built GPS in the camera?
The Sony DSCHX80 does not come with a GPS built-in system.
Q. Is the Sony DSCHX80 weather sealed and/or dust resistant?
You will have to take care of the camera really carefully when you take it out, especially in damp condition, since, it is not weather or dust resistant. Nonetheless, it is the best Sony vlogging camera.
This camera that can also be used for taking selfies is one of the Sony’s best finds. Vlogging requires you to handle your camera with care while making selfie videos and this one is extremely easy to handle. This is the one for you if you really want to invest in vlogging.
2. Sony A5100
- The camera comes with 24MP paired with APS-C and a CMOS sensor.
- ISO sensitivity in this one ranges from 100 to 25600.
- 3 inches of screen with tilting articulation.
- Allows up to 10 fps when shooting continuously.
- 2K video resolution.
- It has an In-Built wireless connection system.
- Sony A5100 weighs around 283g.
- The camera is an updated version of Sony A5000.
This one is the best Sony vlogging camera 2018. With its uniquely fit features that include ISO sensitivity, capability to capture 2K videos and built in Wi-Fi system, it will practically compel you to make a purchase.
Q. Is there a built-in GPS in this camera?
Sony A5100 does not come with a built-in GPS.
Q. What is the ISO range of Sony A5100?
The ISO range of Sony A5100 is from 100 with 25600 being its maximum limit.
Q. Can you tell me the sensor size of Sony A5100?
The Sony A5100 has an APS-C sensor that has 23.5mm x 15.6mm dimensions and an area of 366.6mm.
This one is the best Sony vlogging camera and every bit worth your money. It has all the features a vlogger would be looking for and would definitely make investment in.
3. Sony A6400
- The camera has 24MP along with APS-C and a CMOS sensor.
- The ISO sensitivity ranges from a 100 to 3200 which can be further expanded to 102400.
- The screen on the camera has around 3 inches which provides tilting articulation.
- It has an Electronic viewfinder with 2359K dots.
- Allows fast continuous shooting at up to 11 fps.
- Provides a 4K video resolution when filming.
- Can shoot high speed videos at up to 120 fps.
- It can be connected wirelessly through Wi-Fi.
- The camera is very light weighted at 403g.
- Sony A6400 comes with a weather sealed body.
This camera comes with a 24 Mega Pixel lens with an APS-C and CMOS sensor attached which modifies the quality of the result it produces. It is Sony vlogging camera best buy.
Q. What is the maximum fps continuous shooting of Sony A6400?
The maximum continuous shooting speed is set at 11fps which is pretty high when compared to other cameras in a similar category and/or price range.
Q. Is this a full frame camera?
Unfortunately, the Nikon A6400 is not a full frame camera that comes with an APS-C sensor with 23.5mm x 15.6mm dimensions.
Q. What is the maximum ISO sensitivity of this camera?
The camera has an ISO sensitivity range from 100 with maximum ISO of 32000.
With its amazing focusing quality this camera is known to be the best Sony camera for vlogging.
4. Sony A7S II
- This full frame camera comes with 12MP and a CMOS sensor.
- The ISO sensitivity on Sony A7S II ranges from 100 to 102400 that can expand up to 409600.
- It has 5-Axis image stabilizer with sensor shift.
- LCD screen size is up to 3 inches which has a tilting articulation.
- Electronic viewfinder with 2359K dots.
- Continuous shooting of up to 5fps.
- The camera provides 4K resolution when capturing videos.
- There is an In-Built wireless connectivity system.
- It weighs around 627g.
- The body is environmentally sealed.
- It is an updated version of the Sony A7S.
This one is one of the best discoveries by the Sony Company. Sony A7SII is the best Sony vlogging camera 2019. Its 3 inches wide screen and high resolution will definitely give you the best quality output.
Q. Is this a full frame camera?
Luckily, the Sony Alpha A7S II is a full frame camera.
Q. Can you tell me the camera’s sensor size?
The camera is a full frame with sensors of dimensions 35.6mm x 23.8mm and with an area of 847.28mm.
Q. Does this camera support the RAW format?
Yes, the camera does support RAW format.
The cameras ability to be controlled via smart phone makes it much easier to handle than other best Sony cameras for vlogging. It is definitely worth a shot. It includes a viewfinder that is extremely important for focusing and sharpening the image quality.
5. Sony RX100 V
- The camera has 20MP and 1 inch BSI and CMOS sensors.
- The ISO sensitivity ranges from 125 to about 12800 and can be further expanded to 25600.
- 24mm to 70mm with aperture 1.8 and 2.8 zooming lens.
- Optic image stabilizer is present.
- The LCD is of 3 inches and provides tilting articulation.
- Electronic viewfinder has about 2359K dots.
- Fast continuous shooting at up to 24 fps.
- It can provide a 4K resolution when shooting videos.
- High speed vide at up to 960 fps.
- In-Built wireless connectivity for Wi-Fi.
- Light weight at about 299g.
- Updated version of the previous Sony RX100 IV.
Sony RX 100 5 best vlogging camera comes with peculiar and unique features that makes it worth your money. Its relatively cheaper and definitely the best Sony camera for vlogging.
Q. Is the camera environmentally sealed?
The camera is not weather sealed which is surprising for a camera in this price range.
Q. Can you tell me the maximum ISO sensitivity of this camera?
The ISO sensitivity ranges from 125 with maximum of 12800.
Q. What is the size of this camera’s sensors?
The camera has a 1 inch sensor with 13.2mm x 8.8mm as its dimensions and an area of 116.16mm.
With its selfie friendly screen that allows panorama shooting, this one is one of the best Sony camera for vlogging of all times. Moreover, it is known to be the best vlogging camera Sony rx100. It has low light ISO sensitivity which assists in capturing pictures even in dim light.
6. Sony A6100
- The camera has 24MP with APS-C and CMOS sensors.
- The ISO sensitivity ranges from 100 to 32000 and can be expanded further to 51200.
- LCD screen has a size of about 3 inches with tilting articulation.
- Electronic viewfinder with 1440K dots.
- Fast continuous shooting at up to 11 fps.
- In-built wireless connectivity that allows connections with Wi-Fi.
- The body is extremely light at 396g.
This one is the best Sony vlogging camera 2017. It comes with full articulating screen that makes it extremely easy to operate. Its 3 inches wide screen provides enough space for you to have a look at the visual depiction of the image.
Q. Does the camera support RAW format?
Fortunately, the camera does support RAW images in RAW format.
Q. Is there a GPS on Sony Alpha A6100?
No, sadly there is no GPS on the Sony Alpha A6100.
Q. Can you tell me the sensor size of the camera?
There is an APS-C sensor with 23.5mm x 15.6mm as its dimensions and an area of 366.6mm.
It is inclusive of a port for flash sync and can be controlled via smart phone which makes it the best Sony camera for vlogging. It weighs really less, which 369 grams, and is very easy to carry.
7. Sony ZV-1
- It has 20MP with 1 inch BSI and CMOS sensors.
- The ISO sensitivity ranges from 125 to 12800.
- 24mm to 70mm with 1.8 and 2.8 aperture zooming lens.
- Sony ZV-1 has an optic image stabilizer.
- The LCD size is 3 inches with a fully articulating screen.
- Fast continuous shooting of up to 24 fps.
- The camera can shoot videos at 4K resolution.
- There is an In-Built wireless system which allows it to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Weighs up to 294g.
It comes with an optic image stabilizer and is creatively designed. It is the best Sony camera vlogging with its 20 MP lens and CMOS sensors. It has a 3 inches wide screens which is enough for a clear visualization of the image that this camera captures in amazing quality.
Q. Does it come with an In-Built GPS?
Sadly, there is no Built-In GPS on the Sony ZV-1.
Q. Is this a full frame camera?
The Sony ZV-1 is not a FF camera, no.
Q. Can you tell me the size of this camera’s sensors?
The Sony ZV-1 has a 1 inch sensor with 13.2mm x 8.8mm as its dimensions with an area of 116.16mm.
It allows recording in time-lapse which makes it a way easy camera to be operated during vlogging. This one is definitely the best Sony camera for vlogging. It can capture 24 frames per second that makes it stand out from all the other cameras that Sony has launched.
8. Sony Cybershot RX100 III
- It has a lens of 20.1 Megapixel with 1’-type Exmor R BSI-CMOS sensor attached with it.
- It includes an electronic viewfinder that is SVGA OLED Pop-up with 1.44 million dots on it.
- Its screen is 3 inches wide and can be easily articulated whenever required.
- It gives clean and focused HDMI output.
- It includes Zebra pattern.
- To enhance its video and image quality, it comes with a focus peaking sensor as well.
- Its front lens ring can easily be customized and adjusted.
- It comes with inbuilt Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity.
- To connect with the camera, you can easily download applications in your phone.
- When its battery is fully charged, it can take up to 320 shots.
- It does not include a hot shoe but it does have ND filter.
It is the best Sony vlogging camera with flip screen that includes focus peaking and zebra pattern to bring about creativity and sharpness in the results. It is capable of taking 320 shots at a time which fascinates a lot of its users.
Q. Can Sony RX 100 III still be called a good camera?
It was known to be the best back in 2014 and has managed to retain its position in the Editor’s Choice. Now, it is the best vlogging camera Sony 2019. It is an amazing choice for a lot of photographers, especially for someone who has interest in vlogging. It is the best song vlogging camera that has been launched in the series of RX 100.
Q. Is Canon better than Sony?
In the battle of mirrorless cameras, Sony will always win. It has advanced features than any other camera company and it continues to make amendments. Canon, however, can win the race of best DSLR cameras.
Sony launches the best Sony mirrorless camera for vlogging. It definitely is worth buying for vlogging because it gives focused results. It is not able to capture 4K videos yet the quality of its videos is remarkable as compared to other cameras at this range.
9. Sony Alpha A6000
- It has a lens of 24.3 MP with the APS-C CMOS sensor attached, enhancing the image quality.
- It also has a Bionz X image processor.
- To provide vibrant images, it has a Hybrid AF system that comes with 25 contrast-detect and 179 phase-detect points.
- It has an inbuilt flash and multi-interface Shoe.
- It can capture 11 fps and tracks the subject very quickly.
- It has a 3-inch-wide LCD made from 921,600 dots.
- It also has an OLED electronic viewfinder made from 1.44 million dots.
- It records videos at 1080/60p and 240.
- It is able to run via both Wi-Fi and applications that could easily be downloaded via play or AppStore.
- It has a noise reduction and detail reproduction facility to give the best results.
This one is the best vlogging camera 2019 Sony. It comes with a 24.3 MP lens and inbuilt flash that eradicates most of the hassle while operating it while making a vlog. It is capable of capturing 11 frames per second which makes it an excellent quality camera.
Q. Is Sony a6000 worth buying?
It is 5 years old and yet is still known to be one of the best cameras when it comes to vlogging. It is totally worth the money that you spend on it and gives excellent quality results. Many vloggers long for a camera like this and have even set this one as their best choice for vlog shopping.
Q. Is Sony a6000 a DSLR?
Well, yes it is indeed a mirrorless DSLR camera with a lens of 16 mm. It can click up to 11 pictures in a second and is proved be extremely effective when it comes to vlogging.
Q. Does Sony Alpha a6000 shoot in 4K?
It is common knowledge that a camera with the ability to shoot 4K videos is a must when it comes to vlogging. Hence, keeping this in mind, this one was also made to capture videos in 4K.
Click the best pictures and shoot the best videos with this best Sony camera for vlogging. This camera is quite easy to operate, so you would not need to worry about learning its functions. It includes noise reduction to further modify its already fantastic image quality.
10. Sony DSC WX220
- It has a lens of 18.2 MP Exmore R with a CMOS sensor attached.
- It includes a 10 times Optical Zoom Sony G lens which is rare in a camera for this price.
- It has a 2.7 inches’ smooth photo LCD screen with 460,000 dots on it
- It maximum resolution is 1896 x 3672.
- It produces images in JPEG format.
- It comes with image stabilization.
- It can manage ISO sensitivity from 100 to 12800.
- It includes auto exposure mode only.
- It can be put on self-timer while recording videos or clicking pictures whenever vlogging.
- It is capable of recording videos for 29 minutes without any breaks.
- It has a built-in microphone to record audios.
- It is very light hence, easily portable. It weighs around 104.9 grams.
This one is the best small Sony camera for vlogging. Don’t be blinded by its size, for the results it produces are polar opposite of its looks and in some cases even better than the big complex cameras.
Q. How is the camera result at night time?
Despite its size and lack of manual exposure and focusing, it produces amazing results at night time.
Q. How to photograph fireworks with Cyber-Shot?
It comes with an exclusively designed Fireworks scene mode, selecting which you can easily capture the scenery sharply via your camera.
This one is certainly one of the best Sony camera for vlogging. It is also the best Sony vlogging camera under 500 and easy on your pocket. It is as light as a feather and will have feel totally comfortable carrying it around in your pocket.
Best Sony Camera for Vlogging Based on User Review
All of these cameras with remarkable features have vigorously made their way to the top. Considering their output quality, they are anticipated to retain their spots for the next decade at least. Now that you are fully aware of the best Sony camera for vlogging, you will be able to make an informed decision. Good luck!