Last updated on October 15th, 2020 at 06:40 am
Best Fuji Lens for Travel
If you think you have already made the right purchase of Fuji lens for travel purposes stop right here to still double check your decision by going through this article. You will still be amazed to know about the updated and exciting lens that has recently emerged. Considering the increase in the number of travel v-loggers and travelers using the Fuji lens now a day. Here ill mention the entire recent and best Fuji lens available for the travelers. All described and classified into categories is it reasonable prices or other advantages and requirements of the users.
These entire lenses are tested with their abilities and all the information provided is totally authentic. Here I have done the research very deeply to make it even easier for you to select your best Fuji lens for travel.
Moreover, I have also provided with the hyperlinks for all the products that are best for travel. Links are provided from the authentic sites where you can buy these products from right away.
Now video-grapy and travel v-logging has become even best in quality and usage due to the use of Fuji lens. I’m sure you have already had enough of surfing through the internet sites in order to get the best and authentic information regarding the best Fuji lens for travel purposes.
You are still looking for the best lens for shooting and capture all your wonderful sightseeing not only into your brain but also into the camera as a source of memories. And now you have finally reached to your best possible destination for this enquiry purposes. So what are you waiting for? Just give a thorough read to the article and get help through our best research efforts only for you.
Now, heading over to our next important part of article to give you a complete knowledge about the best Fuji lens for travel before you make your decision.
Fuji Equipments Required Along With Lens
Whether you want to shoot panoramic or wide angle lenses or want to get close up action shots using a perfect zoom lens, one thing is for sure! you are going to need lenses with best and amazing stellar image quality with so many amazing and reasonable best Fuji lenses for travel are on offer and it is definitely hard to decide that which one is to consider to satisfy our photography wanderlust.
Best Backpack for Air Travel Plus Fuji Camera and Lens
But along with these Fuji lens a lot more equipments that are required such as the best backpack for air travel plus Fuji camera and lens. Whether you take pictures in usual condition or specially while travelling it is obvious that your much loved and expensive collections of cameras , drones , lenses , and other related equipments are to be very well protected and safe while travelling. There are special designed backpacks, camera bags, slings, and other equipment holders that keep all these items safe from damage while travelling.
Some of the things that you need to consider while choosing a backpack for your equipments are:
- Ease of use
- Ease of access
There are different camera bag styles available that suit nearly every possible travel style. Here are some popular ones:
This is something that whenever you buy a camera you get free with it. It gives basic protection but cannot be relied on. You obviously need to upgrade to more secure version of it.
If it’s difficult for you to carry or use a special and proper camera backpack, a padded insert will keep your gear safe.
These are specially designed to keep these specific accessories safe while travelling. It is most of the time very easy to find one that exactly fits your model. And they are portable enough to fit inside your suit case or travel bag.
These may not look the best and coolest in appearance to carry around your very important equipments but are considered to be the most practical. It is a kind of padded pouch that is tied along your waist to keep it with you safe and protected all the time.
They are also called messenger bags. These are probably the most popular types of bags available for such equipments. They are spacious enough to carry everything you need for a long time shooting. They have several compartments that can house your camera, charger, drone, lenses, SD cards, light meters and other accessories.
If you need to take items like laptop backpack is a great way, not your DSLR and a variety of lenses and accessories but also other things with separate additional places to place your camera. A backpack is indeed the coolest and definitely practical for this purpose.
Best Travel Lens for Fuji Mirrorless Cameras
It doesn’t matter much if you have bought an inexpensive Fuji X-A5 camera with a kit and lens or the most expensive like the X-T3. Sooner or later you will want some new glass. Whether you are shooting for portraits or are wishing for a best versatile travel zoom, Fuji has covered everything.
It is important to know that these lenses are designed for X-series cameras only since Fuji GFX medium format bodies use a different mount.
Best Fuji Zoom Lens for Travel
Fuji lenses have got a wide range of standard and telephoto lenses. Fuji however has some best variety of mirror less and zoom lens cameras in market having the best reputation among photographers.
Best Fuji Lens for Family Travel
Most of the people buy a zoom lens with loads of reach, a few prime lenses, or even a combo of both the things. It solely depends on how you would like to travel or through what means.
Giving an example of a prime lens, fujinon XF35mmF1.4R. It has a viewing angle like a human eye which is wide angle in lens; it makes it best for family travel and other architectural photography. It has an adjusting focal length with a quicker aperture rate which is the best for family travel. This shows that it is the best for photography in dark, indoors or outdoors. These are the things to be considered while looking for the best Fuji lens for family travel.
Now we will get back to the basic discussion that is which are the best fuji lens for travel.
Fujinon XF Series
- Fujinon X series are very trusted by a very broad range of genres including the sectors of television, binocular, satellite, mobile phone lenses.
- They have unique capabilities and function in the best required output.
- These lenses are specially a spherical lens made up of plastic fabrication through proper grinding.
- It has a wide range of customers and is used by world leading optical technologies and producers so it is indeed the best travel lens for Fuji xt3.
There is a wide range of XF series of lens available few of them are here along with their basic details:
1. Fujinon XF 14mm F2.8R
- Lens construction : 10 elements in seven groups including 2 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion elements
- Focal length : 35 mm format equivalent. F = 14 mm (21 mm)
- Angle of view : it is 89 degrees
- Maximum aperture : F2.8
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Aperture control: it has seven rounded diaphragm opening of blades. It has stop size 1/3EV (19 stops)
- Focus range: approx 18 cm-infinity
- Maximum magnification: 0.12X
- Eternal dimensions: 65mm x 58.4mm
- Filter size: 58mm
Q. What is the dynamic rate of various landscape and portrait captures of this series of camera?
It has a 100% dynamic range with adjustable image size.
Q. What are the possible or available film simulations supported by this series?
PROVIA, velvia, monochrome are a few most effective and widely used film simulations by the users of this camera.
Q. What are the widely used shooting modes of this camera?
Users most of the time prefer using it in manual and aperture priority auto mode.
This magical fuji lens is the best choice for you if you want to be travel vlogger, no matters its architectural, landscape, or other urban shootings. Having the best 100% dynamic ranging this can shoot high quality vlogs. Any vlogger would prefer it!
2. Fujinon Lens XF 16mmF 2.8 R WR Exclusive
- Lens configuration: It has 10 elements, 8 groups including 2 a spherical elements
- Focal length: It has a focal length of 35 mm format equivalent, that is f=16mm (24mm)
- Angle of view: it has an angle of 83.2 degrees
- Maximum aperture: it has a maximum aperture of F2.8
- Minimum aperture: it has a minimum aperture of F22
- Aperture control: it has 9 blades with rounded diaphragm opening and a step size of 1/3 EV(19 steps)
- Focus range: it has a focus range of 17 cm till infinity
- Maximum magnification: it has a maximum magnification of 0.13x
- Eternal dimensions: it has the approximate distance of 60.0mmx45.4mm
- Weight: it has a weight of 155 grams excluding the caps and hoods.
Q. What type of motor is used in the AF system?
It consists of a type of motor that rotates at a fixed angle only as soon as the electrical pulse signal is generated. It helps in the precision positioning only.
Q. What kind of film simulations does it suit to?
It is widely used for classic chrome and valvia simulation.
Q. How does the positioning of its spherical elements affect the result?
These spherical elements are placed in a proper organized and optimum manner. They are properly fixed that help to generate the perfect flat image.
This is the best Fuji lens for travel being very cost effective since it is the easiest to handle during all sorts of travel. Moreover if you are planning to vlog on a larger scale it can be the best lens for you because it can work best in the coldest as well as hottest of environments and climates.
3. Fujinon Lens XF 56mm F1.2 R APD
- Lens configuration: it consists of 11 elements in the form of 8 groups that include a-spherical lens and two extra low dispersion lens with an apodization filter.
- Focal length: f-56mm (85mm)
- Angle of view: 28.5 degrees.
- Maximum aperture: maximum aperture of F1.2.
- Minimum aperture: least possible aperture of F16.
- Aperture control: 7 blades with a round diaphragm opening. It has a 1/3 EV(23 steps) of step size. ½ only from the maximum aperture to the next step.
- Focus range: it has two possible focus ranges. The normal or usual focus range is 0.7m to infinity and the macro focus range is between 0.7m to 3m.
- Maximum magnification: 0.9x.
- External dimensions: diameter*length = 73.2 mm x 69.7 mm.
- Weight: 405 grams approximately excluding all its additional caps and hoods.
- Filter size: 62mm.
Q. What is actually 2 R APD lens?
It is a great lens that has the sharpest and best color and array of other features. It is unique unlike many of the other Fuji lens.
Q. What nature of environment does the lens capture the best?
This specific lens is affective for shooting across streets, flatten images, shooting nature and even urban landscapes.
Q. Is it more likely for a street photographer than a nature traveler?
It is an amazing lens used for both purposes but it will be more amazing to play out with it as a street photographer as it allows taking portrait shots and even then getting the close street shots at the same focal length.
Q. What version of lens is available for this series?
The APD version of this lens is the best kind of this X prime lens series as the APD version has got a versatile character and style even the normal camera jpegs look like you have applied the LR magic effect.
This lens can be said to be totally made for travel vlogging since it can shoot perfectly in all kinds of travel genre like across streets, flatten images, shooting nature and even urban landscapes. However has some minor drawbacks like distortion during sharp image photography, this can still be negotiated due to its consumer friendly price.
4. Fujinon Lens XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS 2
- Lens configuration: 13 elements of lens in ten groups including a spherical and one extra low dispersion element.
- Focal length: f=50-230mm (76-350mm)
- Angle of view: 31.7 degrees to 7.1
- Maximum aperture: F4.5 to 6.7.
- Minimum aperture: F22.
- Aperture control: 7 rounded diaphragm opening blades with a step size motor of 1/3EV approx 15 steps.
- Focus range: The normal focus range is 1.1m to infinity and the macro focus range is 1.1m to 3m.
- Maximum magnification: 0.2 xs in telephoto mode.
- External dimension: 69.5mm x 111mm wide or we can say 177 mm in telephoto version
- Filter size: 58mm.
Q. How many ED lens element does it contain?
It has an additional ED lens element along with one a spherical lens.
Q. How many stops does its optical image stabilization function have?
Its optical image stabilization function that is basically used to reduce the camera shake in pictures and videos even when they are being shot hand held contains approx 3.5 stops.
Q. What has this camera changed in order to make it look compact and light weight?
This lens looks compact and most light weight just not because it does not feature an aperture ring for this purpose in fact it is designed in this manner.
Q. Does this lens contain the facility of commanding through the camera command dial?
Whenever you use this specific lens it is must for you to update and upgrade the body of your camera’s firmware to allow its aperture adjustment by linking it and connecting it to the camera’s command dial.
Q. What is the rate of the ISO sensitivity of this lens?
For the professional photographers they usually opt the sensitivity ISO 400 and ISO 200 and 800 or this specific purpose that is why is said to be the best travel lens for Fuji xt20.
Q. What is the maximum dynamic range of this specific lens?
The dynamic range of this lens is not only hundred but ranges up to 200% thus considered as the best Fuji lens for travel photography.
This lens can be considered in case you do not have much nature travel vlogging to be done, since frequent zooming in landscape nature photography causes blurry image. Anyhow other features totally support all other sorts of vlogging including its remarkable dynamic range upto 200% and other distinctive features like image stabilizers etc make it the most attractive one for vloggers.
5. Fujinon Lens MKX 18-55mm T2.9
- Lens configuration: 22 elements in 17 groups including 2 extra low dispersion elements and 6 super extra low dispersion elements.
- Focal length: f= 18-55mm that makes almost 27 to 84mm.
- Angle of view: 76.5 degrees to 29.0 degrees.
- T-no: T2.9
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Aperture control: 9 rounded diaphragm opening blades
- Focus range: 0.85 m or 2ft, 9 inches till the infinity along with wide macro function of 0.38 m that makes one foot and 2.9 inches at the wide angle.
- External dimension: 87mm x 206.6mm.
- Weight: 1080 gram excluding the caps, hoods, support foot and tripod collar foot.
- Front diameter: 85mm.
- Filter size: 82mm.
- Additional accessories: the tripod collar foot, the support foot, the zoom lever, the lens cap FLCP-82, lens rear cap RLCP-001, the lens hood and the wrapping cloth
Q. What is actually the T stop value which is present in this specific lens?
T stop value is basically a special numerical index that tells or informs about the brightness of a lens depending upon its F stop value and command transmission rate. The lesser is the value the more amount of light lens it transfers.
Q. What is actually the gear pitch?
Gear pitch is basically the distance between the gear teeth present in this manual form of camera. it has manual focus rings that can zoom and iris aperture with a gear pitch of 0.8M.
Q. Does the camera support the electrical contact?
This camera not only corrects and smoothens the distortion and the color, brightness, shading but also achieves various unique color expressions but also unique film simulation modes through the electrical contact to communicate with the X series cameras.
Q. What is actually the flange focal distance adjustment function of this lens?
It is basically the distance from lens mounting reference plane to its specific sensor. Each cameras flange focal distance allows the position of lenses, image forming plane to be adjusted according to each camera. This specific lens in order to achieve the best and optimum camera and lens turns out the lenses to work in their full and most perfect optical performance.
This lens can be best preferred by the fresh users due to its easy and manual functioning. Any user can easily handle it even if one is non professional. So this lens can be considered as a good initiative.
6. Fujinon Lens XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR macro (prime lens for travel)
- Minimum aperture: F22.
- Aperture control: 9 round diaphragm opening blades with the step size of motor 1/3 EV that makes approximately 19 steps.
- Focus range: 25cm to infinity
- Maximum magnification: 1x
- External dimensions: It is 80mm x 130mm
- Weight: 750 gram excluding its additional caps and hoods.
- Filter size: 62mm
- Additional accessories: the lens cap FLCP -62(2) , the lens rear cap RLCP-002 , the lens hood , the lens pouch and the wrapping cloth.
Q. Does this specific lens support hand held shooting?
This wonderful lens contains a special system of optical image stabilization that totally eliminates the shift shake thus this lens perfectly supports hand held shooting.
Q. Why does this lens contain a flourine coating over it?
It consists of a wonderful ability to survive in all natures of environment and is made for outdoor shooting conditions therefore a flourine coating prevents the lens from all sorts of pollution. This improves the reliability and durability of the product.
Q. What is the OIS suppressing shift shake that this lens owns?
This unique lens consists of gyro sensors and acceleration sensors with a perfect accuracy which prevents from the distortion due to the angle shake and shift. Due to this the lens achieves five-stop image stabilization perfectly.
This is an excellent professional fuji lens that has got nearly all the required and unique features one would need for the best kind of travel vlogging. However due to its extreme exclusive specifications and additional features it is very expensive. In case you have agood budget this can be your best choice!
7. Fujinon Lens XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR ( tele converter)
- Lens configuration: 19 elements in the form of 14 combinations that contains two ED elements and another important super ED element.
- Focal length: f= 200mm (305mm)
- Angle of view: 8.1 degrees
- Maximum aperture: it has a maximum aperture of F2.
- Minimum aperture: its minimum aperture ranges to F22.
- Aperture control: it contains 9 rounded diaphragm opening blades with a usual step size of 1/3 EV that makes 22 steps at once.
- Focus range: it allows a focus of 1.8m to infinity.
- Maximum magnification: contains a maximum image magnification at the rate of 0.12 xs.
- External dimensions: the measurement of its lens to the other section is 122mm x 205.5mm.
- Weight: it weighs approximately 2265 grams including the collar foot of the tripod, while not measuring the additional caps and hoods.
- Filter size: it has a specific filter size of 105mm.
- Additional accessories: it is delivered along with the additional accessories like the lens cap FLCP-105, the lens rear cap RLCP-001 , the lens hood, the shoulder strap as well as the lens case.
Q. What buttons and operations are present on the tip of the lens barrel?
It consists of four button operations that are the button to control focus, a switch for focus range selection, a switch for selecting focus and the button for setting.
Q. What are the camera firmware requirements for the use of this lens?
For the lens to function in the most updated and perfect manner the camera body’s firmware must be activated to the focus preset function and focus control button.
Q. What screws does the acra-swiss tripod mount support?
This specific mount supports both ¼ inch and tripod screws that are of about 3/8 inches.
Q. What are the film simulations that suit this lens?
It suits more to PROVEA, ASTIA and VELVIA.
This is an extremely exceptional lens for the best and high professional quality vlogging since it consist of nearly everything perfect and due to this has a difficult maintenance. You need to have enough information about it before you can really make it functional 100%. In case you already know about its maintenance and software updates, go for it!
Best Fuji Lens for Travel Based on User Review
It is a fact that nowadays the market is filled with countless and unique lenses for travel purposes. Be it the Fuji lenses or any other company every camera user needs perfect lens for its camera for photography. It is mostly used by travelers and people who need it as a profession. A traveler visits several landscape or urban areas and wishes to capture in his memory as well as his camera.
There are many people who are travelers as well as photographers they capture every perfect movement of their life in the camera’s memory. So if you’re one of these or are wishing to be one of these people here is a perfect and authentic list of the best known Fuji lens for travel purposes.
This detailed article about the best Fuji lens for travel ,gives the most updated account of these lenses with their best versions so it’s the best time to get your first or new best Fuji lens for travel for your camera.